Christian Horner breaks silence after being cleared of allegations by Red Bull

Christian Horner has been cleared of all allegations against him (Photo: Getty)

Christian Horner has spoken out for the first time since Red Bull cleared him of allegations of ‘inappropriate behaviour’.

The Formula 1 team principal had been under investigation for several weeks after a female employee of Red Bull accused him of ‘inappropriate and controlling behaviour’.

On Wednesday, the reigning F1 champions confirmed that ‘the grievance has been dismissed’ after a ‘fair, rigorous and impartial investigation’.

Horner, husband of former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell, had previously said he ‘fully denies any accusations’ and claimed he had the support of his team.

The matter has overshadowed the start of the new season which gets underway this weekend in Bahrain, with Horner arriving at the Sakhir circuit late on Wednesday night.

However, despite calls for the investigation to be ‘transparent’, Red Bull’s statement added: ‘The investigation report is confidential and contains the private information of the parties and third parties who assisted in the investigation, and therefore we will not be commenting further out of respect for all concerned.’

As such, Horner was coy to speak out on Thursday when queried about the matter, but maintained that his team were more unified and stronger than ever.



Christian Horner investigation timeline

How the scandal has unfolded…

Monday 5 February – Red Bull confirm investigation into Horner over ‘controlling behaviour’ allegations

Friday 9 February – Horner grilled by independent lawyer during eight-hour hearing

Thursday 15 February – Horner attends Red Bull’s 2024 car launch and publicly addresses allegations for first time – says he ‘fully denies’ any wrongdoing

Friday 16 February – Fresh allegations emerge in Dutch Newspaper De Telegraaf suggesting Horner sent messages of a ‘suggestive nature’ to a female employee

Wednesday 21 February to Friday 23 February – Horner attends Formula 1 pre-season testing in Bahrain – says: ‘We hope there is a resolution as soon as possible’

Friday 23 February – Sixth series of F1: Drive to Survive releases on Netflix – Horner and wife Geri Halliwell feature in docuseries

Wednesday 28 February – Horner cleared of allegations – Red Bull say: ‘The investigation is complete and the grievance has been dismissed. The complainant has a right of appeal’

Thursday 29 February to Saturday 2 March – Formula 1 season gets underway with the Bahrain Grand Prix

‘I’m just pleased that the process is over. I obviously can’t comment about it,’ the 50-year-old told Sky Sports

The focus is very much now on the grand prix and the season ahead and trying to defend both of our titles.

‘I can’t give you any further comment. The process has been conducted and concluded.

‘I’m pleased to be here in Bahrain with the team focused on the season ahead. The team has never been stronger.’

More to follow…

For more stories like this, check our sport page.

Follow Metro Sport for the latest news on
Facebook, 
Twitter and Instagram.


MORE : Christian Horner cleared of ‘inappropriate behaviour’ allegations by Red Bull


MORE : Lewis Hamilton calls for F1 to ‘stand true to our values’ amid Christian Horner investigation


MORE : Christian Horner scandal won’t stop Max Verstappen – Giancarlo Fisichella’s 2024 F1 preview

General Sport