Christian Horner’s accuser to be named as Jos Verstappen row footage emerges

The pressure continues to mount on Christian Horner (Photo: Getty)

‘Damaging new allegations’ against Christian Horner are reportedly set to be revealed this week, as is the identity of the female Red Bull employee at the heart of the scandal.

Horner was cleared by Red Bull after being under investigation for several weeks after the employee accused him of ‘inappropriate behaviour’.

But on the eve of the new Formula 1 season, texts and images supposedly related to the probe were leaked.

Horner put on a defiant show during the F1 season opener in Bahrain, with his wife, the former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell, there to support him.

But despite his and his team’s best efforts to move on from the matter, the pressure is growing on Horner, not least after Jos Verstappen, father of three-time champion and Red Bull driver Max Verstappen, publicly called for Horner to be sacked.

Verstappen has even gone so far as to privately suggest that his son could leave Red Bull if Horner stays, and comes after he had a ‘blazing row’ with the 50-year-old after qualifying for the Bahrain Grand Prix last Friday.

Footage of said argument has now emerged, though what their discussion entailed is not known.

Christian Horner

Footage shows Horner and Jos Verstappen having a vert animated conversation (Photo: Sky Sports)



Christian Horner investigation timeline

How the scandal has unfolded…

Monday 5 February – Red Bull confirm investigation into Horner over ‘controlling behaviour’ allegations

Friday 9 February – Horner grilled by independent lawyer during eight-hour hearing

Thursday 15 February – Horner attends Red Bull’s 2024 car launch and publicly addresses allegations for first time – says he ‘fully denies’ any wrongdoing

Friday 16 February – Fresh allegations emerge in Dutch Newspaper De Telegraaf suggesting Horner sent messages of a ‘suggestive nature’ to a female employee

Wednesday 21 February to Friday 23 February – Horner attends Formula 1 pre-season testing in Bahrain – says: ‘We hope there is a resolution as soon as possible’

Friday 23 February – Sixth series of F1: Drive to Survive releases on Netflix – Horner and wife Geri Halliwell feature in docuseries

Wednesday 28 February – Horner cleared of allegations – Red Bull say: ‘The investigation is complete and the grievance has been dismissed. The complainant has a right of appeal’

Thursday 29 February to Saturday 2 March – Formula 1 season gets underway with the Bahrain Grand Prix

Thursday 29 February – WhatsApp messages and images supposedly between Horner and the complainant were leaked to the media and F1 personnel

Friday 1 March – Horner summoned for showdown talks with F1 CEO Stefano Domenicali and FIA President Mohammed Ben Sulayem

Saturday 2 March – Jos Verstappen, Max’s father, warns Red Bull Racing ‘is in danger of being torn apart’ unless Horner leaves

Meanwhile, it is said that Horner is about to be hit with new allegations courtesy of BusinessF1 Magazine, who are set to publish a 19-page investigation into the case in the next few days.

The Times report that the piece was leaked online over the weekend and it features a ‘­series of damaging new allegations’ and goes into detail about the power struggle at the top of Red Bull.

Perhaps most significantly, it names the female employee whom Horner was in contact with.



Christian Horner investigation – what we know

Sources close to Horner and Red Bull have dismissed the article however, and said it is ‘full of inaccuracies’.

The accuser recently broke her silence on the matter through someone close to her, who said: ‘She’s very unhappy – of course. In her way of thinking it’s all very one-sided and she’s been crucified.’

The whole scandal shows no sign of slowing down as the F1 season continues this week with the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix.

F1 Grand Prix of Bahrain - Practice

Tensions were already high between Horner and Verstappen prior to the scandal (Photo: Getty)

Jos Verstappen will not be in Jeddah, though this is not to do with his comments as he was already slated to miss the race as he is taking part in a Rally in Belgium.

Following Max Verstappen’s commanding victory in Bahrain, Horner defiantly stated that he would continue to lead the team he has been in charge of since their inception in 2005.

He said: ‘Yes, absolutely. I wouldn’t be here otherwise.

‘Obviously it’s not been pleasant. The unwanted attention, but the focus is now very much on the cars.’

For more stories like this, check our sport page.

Follow Metro Sport for the latest news on
Facebook, 
Twitter and Instagram.


MORE : Geri Halliwell ‘demands Christian Horner cuts ties’ with colleague and wants her ‘out of the picture’


MORE : Max Verstappen in secret talks with FIA president over Christian Horner scandal


MORE : What Geri Halliwell’s eyes tell us about the Christian Horner WhatsApp scandal

General Sport